We are thrilled to announce a new chapter in Gist's journey in making communication with your customers easy and personal - the Messages Hub.
Today, we are merging Email and Chat Prompts into a central place called "Messages" - create and organise all your outbound content - Emails and Chat Messages.
We’ve made several improvements to make message creation and organization more intuitive and consolidate Gist's outbound messaging channels. Check them out here.
Below is a quick overview of what's new. See our new docs page for full details.
- The “Email” area of Gist has been renamed to "Messages”
- Chat Prompts now live inside Messages as Ongoing Chat Messages
- Behavioural and Broadcast Emails are now called Ongoing and One-off Messages
- To create what was previously called a Chat Prompt, now simply create an Ongoing Chat Message and set the display rules to visitors
- Email folders have been replaced with tags
- You can now filter your message list by message state, or tag
Note: for some customers, these changes may have been in place already, this notice is for the majority of our customers that are experiencing these changes for the first time today 😎
We’ve simplified the message creation flow to make it easier for teams to launch new visitor and user auto messages.
The most notable changes are:
- Channel selection is now done upfront followed by the message composer so that you can immediately focus on the content of your message first.
- New steps for Scheduling (start/stop times) and Delivery (time on page, URL targeting, etc) have been created so that all relevant features live under the same step.
- We’ve also introduced a few new improvements that provide more flexibility and customizability to your messages.
- You can now set multiple URL targeting rules for Ongoing chat messages and with more conditions such as ‘does not contain’, ‘starts with’, and ‘ends with’.
- You can now target your chat messages using Segment and Tag based conditions.
There are a ton of other changes included and learn about all of them, head over to our Help Center.